The 9 patch quilt block is seriously one of the most basic and easy quilt block. Mix it up with a few fun rotary cuts and you have yourself a super quick, simple and easy to sew quilt block!
The world of disappearing quilt blocks is a fun one….today we are going to mix it up with a few extra cuts.
Disappearing 9 Patch Quilt Block– Criss Cross Cut
Disappearing Quilt Block Instructions:
1) Sew your 9 patch together. The squares I used are 5″ X 5″ and are 30’s style of prints.
2) Cut the block like a standard 9 patch disappearing quilt block. The cuts will go down the center of the block, up and down and sideways
3) Here comes the fun— make 4 more cuts. Take the squares and cut them diagonally from corner to corner— notice the direction they are cut for each section~
4) Move things around– there are a few options. Play with it for a bit and then decide your favorite combination
5) Sew the triangles together again to make a square
6) Sew the 4 blocks together to make a square again
The block unfinished measured 13″ X 13″ Kind of an ‘off’ size, but if I kept making them they would all be consistent and easy to sew together, so it isn’t too big of a deal.
Are you loving the disappearing quilt blocks?
You’ll find a few other projects and printables here:
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.