Pin cushions are seriously one of my favorite things. They are so simple to make and you can explore so many options to incorporate. One of them- the thimble.
We put some of these together in a sewing group I go to and I couldn’t keep it to myself. I have to share because I love how it turned out!
yarn or necklace string
Thimble Pin Cushion Tutorial~
1) Use a nail and hammer to put a hole in one side of the thimble at the top– you could use a drill also for this. Sand the hole area so remove any snag spots
2) Place a jump ring in the hole
3) Cut a piece of wool felt 1 1/2″ X 1 1/2″ or larger if needed
4) Place together your corners
5) Stuff inside the thimble and make adjustments until you are happy– use a hot glue gun if you’d like to totally secure it
6) Wad up a bit of thread and place on top- secure with a few pins
7) Hang on a piece or ribbon or yarn if you’d like to wear it
Looking for more fun pin cushions?
Here are some little pins too!
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.