Pin cushions are seriously one of my favorite things. They are so simple to make and you can explore so many options to incorporate. One of them- the thimble.
We put some of these together in a sewing group I go to and I couldn’t keep it to myself. I have to share because I love how it turned out!
yarn or necklace string
Thimble Pin Cushion Tutorial~
1) Use a nail and hammer to put a hole in one side of the thimble at the top– you could use a drill also for this. Sand the hole area so remove any snag spots
2) Place a jump ring in the hole
3) Cut a piece of wool felt 1 1/2″ X 1 1/2″ or larger if needed
4) Place together your corners
5) Stuff inside the thimble and make adjustments until you are happy– use a hot glue gun if you’d like to totally secure it
6) Wad up a bit of thread and place on top- secure with a few pins
7) Hang on a piece or ribbon or yarn if you’d like to wear it
Looking for more fun pin cushions?
Here are some little pins too!