Looking around the internet there are a lot of cute pins out there. I came up with a little flower pin topper– a posie flower. Made with fabric scraps and a few quick stitches and you will in no time have a whole bundle of them!
Whether or not they are useful, who cares….. they are cute standing there on the pincushion. That is their job. Cuteness.
They would make a great addition to any pin cushion you have around, or for a little something extra as a gift.
* pins. round heads are great.
* Scraps of fabric
* Needle and Thread
Intructions for Flower Pins:
1) Cut 2 pieces of scraps into a circle or oval shape….. around 1 1/2 inches wide and 1″ tall. Nothing patterny here. Just eyeball it. It will turn out just fine.
2) Place the fabric WRONG SIDES TOGETHER. Stick the pin in the center of the 2 scraps
3) Fold the 2 pieces up and hold in place while making a few stitches around the ball head. This will keep the fabric in place. Knot it at the end. You can use matching thread or try invisible– if you are doing a few with lots of different colors. If you can keep from snipping the thread in the next step you can leave the thread, easier for step 5.
4) Snip the edges of the 1/2 circle. See photo above.
5) Take the two outside edges and fold them to the center. Make a few stitches here to keep them together. Pull it tight so they meet togeher. Knot the thread and snip.
6) Fluff the raw edges a bit to loosen them up and have them ravel a bit.
Cute stuff huh?! And no polin, sniffing noses, or weepy eyes even. Perfect for any stitcher.
Gather a few for a boquette— or just have them hang out randomly in the field……
All the details you need to know about Quilting & how to get started!
Quilting doesn't have to be hard or complicated and overwhelming. It can be fun and a great way to relieve stress! Start with our 13 quilting basics for beginners and end with a fun sewing project. With a variety of projects, tutorials with the hints and tips, videos and more - you'll find something new every time you visit.
Click here to get the details!