Sew a simple ribbon dog leash with a clip on one end and handle on the other. The patchwork leash is embellished with a ribbon- great for scraps and it’s Super cute!
Taking my dog for a walk is one of my favorite things to do.
They love the outdoors and exploring everywhere.
A leash is a must have for any pet owner– and even pets need a little bit of something extra special sometimes.
Sew up a leash using your scrap ribbon and fabric for a customized leash for your favorite pet.
Dog Leash Tutorial
ribbon scraps 1/4″ wide X any length
fabric- 28 3″ X 6″
Dog Leash Tutorial:
Sew your fabric pieces end to end so you have one long piece
1) Fold in half and iron
2) Fold the sides in -meeting in the center and iron
3) Fold in half and iron
4) Tuck the ends in and iron
5) Sew down both sides of the leash
6) Taking your ribbon scraps- sew them end to end to make a long as long as your leash piece
7) Place in the center of the leash and sew down both sides- tuck under the ends, hiding the raw edge
8) Slip swivel clip in one end, folding up the leash and sew to secure
9) Handle– Fold the other end over 8″ and sew to secure
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.