Sew a simple ribbon dog leash with a clip on one end and handle on the other. The patchwork leash is embellished with a ribbon- great for scraps and it’s Super cute!
Taking my dog for a walk is one of my favorite things to do.
They love the outdoors and exploring everywhere.
A leash is a must have for any pet owner– and even pets need a little bit of something extra special sometimes.
Sew up a leash using your scrap ribbon and fabric for a customized leash for your favorite pet.
Dog Leash Tutorial
ribbon scraps 1/4″ wide X any length
fabric- 28 3″ X 6″
Dog Leash Tutorial:
Sew your fabric pieces end to end so you have one long piece
1) Fold in half and iron
2) Fold the sides in -meeting in the center and iron
3) Fold in half and iron
4) Tuck the ends in and iron
5) Sew down both sides of the leash
6) Taking your ribbon scraps- sew them end to end to make a long as long as your leash piece
7) Place in the center of the leash and sew down both sides- tuck under the ends, hiding the raw edge
8) Slip swivel clip in one end, folding up the leash and sew to secure
9) Handle– Fold the other end over 8″ and sew to secure
All the details you need to know about Quilting & how to get started!
Quilting doesn't have to be hard or complicated and overwhelming. It can be fun and a great way to relieve stress! Start with our 13 quilting basics for beginners and end with a fun sewing project. With a variety of projects, tutorials with the hints and tips, videos and more - you'll find something new every time you visit.
Click here to get the details!