This site uses affiliate links. If you click and purchase from them, I'll earn a small commission.
The Cricut Bright Pad is the best quilting supply when it comes to tracing embroidery or transferring designs. It’s simple to set up, great for traveling if needed and the perfect size for any project you are working on.
Bright Pad~ This crazy pad is full of light…that helps you transfer images, helps with tracing and pulling those little pieces away from the cut materials as well.
Place your paper or fabric on top, turn it on and the cut lines are illuminated as well as the template if you are tracing.
Check out the Bright Pad here
How to Use the Cricut Bright Pad
1- Place the bright pad on a solid surface that is easy for you to work on. A table or counter top if you are standing works great.
2- Plug the bright pad into either— the computer using the usb cord, OR the wall using the adapter. This is great when you are on the go and don’t want to be attached to a wall or plug that’s in the corner of the room. You can quickly plug it into your computer making it more mobile.
3- Place the paper you are tracing on the bottom. Use tape if you need to secure it to the pad so it doesn’t shift. Washi tape is great for this as it is a temporary tape and doesn’t leave sticky behind.
4- Place the fabric you are tracing the design on, directly on top of the paper in the correct place. Again, tape if needed to secure from shifting.
5- Trace the design / words using an erasable or wash away marker or pencil.
Where you can find the Cricut Bright Pad
You’ll be able to snatch this up at your local Joann’s or Michael’s Craft stores.
Notes on the Bright Pad by Cricut:
- it’s a very nice diffused light, so it’s easy on your eyes when there is no design on the top of it.
- the size is perfect for any project. No need to shift the template around constantly because the area is small.
- the surface is very flat and is a glass- so everything lays flat and tapes perfectly.
- very slim in design- great for moving from room to room or taking on a retreat or sewing day if you need to use it.
- 9″ X 12″ in size
- on / off switch
- + / – so you can make the light brighter or dimmer. You have total control.
For more info on the Cricut- check out these fun Cricut Maker tutorials and how to’s.
Do you have a Cricut machine or the Bright Pad? What do you think? Love it? Have some tips to share?