This site uses affiliate links. If you click and purchase from them, I'll earn a small commission.
Binding isn’t one of those activities that I shout for joy when it’s time to get it done. I know, I know….but it’s the end of the project and it’s great to Finally have things ready to be finished and done and all of that jazz.
But really. I don’t like the prep work for it. I’m not a big fan of pins that poke me every time I run my hand along the edge (not sure why I haven’t figured that one out).
Typically I use the machine for binding- both sides. But in some cases I need to do something a little bit different. I need to use Clover Wonder Clips.
These are perfect for using with fabric that you don’t want any holes left in by pins. Like – Leather, plastic…those kind of fabrics.
They are also perfect for little hands that are just starting to sew and they aren’t ready to use the pins…or are afraid of pricking themselves with the pins they use. These are great for grabbing and clipping a few spots to hold in place while maneuvering the needle of the sewing machine. Perfect for clipping when you are hand or machine binding. Perfect for keeping little piles of fabric together so you don’t loose your place or your pieces.
They are perfect for a lot of situations.
In the pictures you see a curved binding. These clips are perfect for that. they keep things in place, but the fabric still have a little give and you won’t poke your finger tips with the pins while wrestling it all under the needle while stitching in place. You know what I’m talking about!
Quick Summary — Clover Wonder Red Clips
- How to attach: Open the clip and pinch in place. The teeth will keep it secure.
- How to use: Instead of using pins for binding, use clips Reader Jennie offered additional information (thank you for sharing this!) They have a clear flat side and a rounded red side. For hand sewing it wouldn’t matter which side was up, but if you work on a sewing machine and have the red rounded side down they will hook on the edge of your machine and sewing table. However if you have the flat clear side down it rides up onto the bed of the machine very easily.
- Where to get it? Amazon or a local sewing machine shop. Comes in a 50 Pack or 100 Pack
- Why use it? For some fabric like leather, vinyl – these clips are handy. They don’t poke a hole in your fabric. Great for kids who are just beginning to sew as well.
- Read More: How to Bind Quilts
- Projects: Clear Plastic Project Bag & Fall Pumpkin Mug Rug
What kind of scenario do use you use clips for?