Baked Potato Microwave Bag~
Seriously this thing is my all time favorite. Lately I’ve even been cooking sweet potatoes in it.
It works just the same if you are wondering about that. Put a little bit of butter and salt and smush it up with a fork.
A couple of years ago there was a full tutorial with images on making a microwave potato bag, but putting it on video is better!
There is something wonderful about watching the process!
Plus, I had given my potato bag away to Jerika -the oldest and I needed a new one.
This blog post has been converted to an optional PDF that’s optimized for printing. Find it here. The blog post below is totally free to read, print, and sew! The PDF download for a few $ is totally optional.
2 fabrics- lining and outside each measuring 25 X 11
100% cotton batting (anything other will burn in the microwave!)
100% cotton thread
Here are a few helpful supplies that you might want to look into using:
This is the right batting for the microwave:
Just in case you want to purchase a kit ready to sew and it makes 2!
Baked Potato Microwave Bag Tutorial:
1) Layer your three pieces -right sides facing and batting on the bottom
2) Sew all the way around the pieces, leaving a 3 opening for turning
3) Snip your corners to reduce bulk and turn right sides out
4) Iron the edges and push the points out
5) Sew all the way around the piece of fabric -close the opening with the stitching or by hand with the ladder stitch
6) Over lap the ends and pin in place approx 2 overlap
7) Flatten the bag, lining the overlap near the top of the bag
8) Sew the sides directly on top of the stitching from step 5
Now you can stuff you microwave potato bag with potatoes and start cooking! Yummy!
Are you ready to get cooking? Here are the minutes.
Bake your first potato! Microwaves will vary, but here is an approximate time calculator:
2 Large Russet Potatoes: 8 minutes
2 Large Red Potatoes: 8 minutes
3 Medium Bread Rolls: 20 seconds
2 Medium Sweet Potatoes: 10 minutes
2 Large Corn Cobs: 6 minutes
How about sewing up a microwave pot holder?!!
Your kitchen need a few new things? Here are some great projects to update it with a few fun kitchen sewing projects.