Applique is so fun…but sometimes I find that I jump the gun, and off I run to the printer only to find that the applique templates are backwards!!!!
What in the world? Now what?
Figuring out how to print it correctly is very helpful…. especially when you are appliqueing words.
It will save you a lot of time tracing. A lot of time!
How to mirror your applique templates:
1) Click the print button
2) Check the reverse pages button
3) Look in the preview window to make sure it has been reversed
If you don’t have the option or care to look for it, you can turn the printed image over, trace on the backside of the paper and then use this for the template for applique.
*your printer might be a bit different from mine. Check the properties tab/paper then look for mirror image option.
Print off the Valentines Applique Templates in this tutorial here.
Now that you have it printed– hop on over to the tutorial on how to use fusible web with applique.
If you have a different printer, and know where to find the mirror option, let us know in the comments so others can find it quicker.
These are some other amazing applique tutorials right here on Patchwork Posse.
- Alphabet Applique Templates Printable
- How to Applique by Hand 7 Tips and Tricks
- All About Applique
- How to Whipstitch Embroidery Stitch
- Fine Point Glue Tips for Applique
- Raw Edge Applique How to Video