This site uses affiliate links. If you click and purchase from them, I'll earn a small commission.
A lavender sachet doesn’t have to be a specific size or shape. These little sachets are a triangle. They even have a little ribbon loop so you can hook it onto something or grab it easy.
Besides using them in your drawers and maybe your fabric shelf these would be great to use as fabric weights when you are cutting out pattern template.
Don’t be alarmed by the triangle– it’s quick to sew and you’ll love sewing it!
cotton fabric 2 — 3 1/2″ X 3 1/2″
lavender essential oil (or any other essential oil you love)
Little Lavender Sachet Instructions:
1) Fold the ribbon in half and pin or stay stitch in one corner of the square
2) Lay right sides together the cotton fabric squares
3) Sew around three sides
4) Open the hole a bit and re-arrange it so the seam hits the middle of the opening- this is what gives it the triangle shape
5) Sew the seam leaving an opening in the middle for turning and filling
6) Fill your lavender sachet with rice that has been mixed with a few drops of lavender oil or any other oil you love…or you can use crushed walnuts and an essential oil for a heavier weight (that’s what I used in these)
7) Fold the raw edges in and iron
The little ribbon at the top is handy to hang up anywhere you’d like.
The size is a bit small, you can make adjustments if you need….but I find it just perfect for tucking in the corner of a sock drawer or in your car.
I’m just beginning with my oils…and if you’re curious and want to learn more about using essential oils here! (I totally love mine!)