A lavender sachet doesn’t have to be a specific size or shape. These little sachets are a triangle. They even have a little ribbon loop so you can hook it onto something or grab it easy.
Besides using them in your drawers and maybe your fabric shelf these would be great to use as fabric weights when you are cutting out pattern template.
Don’t be alarmed by the triangle– it’s quick to sew and you’ll love sewing it!
cotton fabric 2 — 3 1/2″ X 3 1/2″
lavender essential oil (or any other essential oil you love)
Little Lavender Sachet Instructions:
1) Fold the ribbon in half and pin or stay stitch in one corner of the square
2) Lay right sides together the cotton fabric squares
3) Sew around three sides
4) Open the hole a bit and re-arrange it so the seam hits the middle of the opening- this is what gives it the triangle shape
5) Sew the seam leaving an opening in the middle for turning and filling
6) Fill your lavender sachet with rice that has been mixed with a few drops of lavender oil or any other oil you love…or you can use crushed walnuts and an essential oil for a heavier weight (that’s what I used in these)
7) Fold the raw edges in and iron
8) Hand stitch the opening closed with a ladder stitch or whip stitch
The little ribbon at the top is handy to hang up anywhere you’d like.
The size is a bit small, you can make adjustments if you need….but I find it just perfect for tucking in the corner of a sock drawer or in your car.
I’m just beginning with my oils…and if you’re curious and want to learn more about using essential oils here! (I totally love mine!)
- Walkabout Day 42 - May 28, 2023
- Walkabout Day 41 - May 27, 2023
- Walkabout Day 40 - May 26, 2023
I love the the little sachets. That is a great idea for the little grandchildren to make with me and give their parents.
Sheila Perl says
Charming little sachets! Thank you for the intro to essential oils, too!!
These are very cute. Quick question, when you say you filled it with crushed walnuts, I trust you mean the shells not the meats?
Sarah M says
I cannot wait to try these!!!!!!!
Love these cant wait to try
Love these… just a quick question, does the oil ever mark the fabric?
You aren’t using a lot of oil, so it shouldn’t. Plus it’s put in the lavendar seeds and not directly on the fabric. Apply the oil prior to stuffing as well if you are worried.
Love these and YL essential oils.
Linda Bee says
Would the essential oil make the crushed walnut moldy? I have all the ingredients and would love to make these for…..gulp…..next years xmas presents.