Microwave Potato Bag – Baked Pouch pattern and tutorial with pictures plus learn how to bake your first potato calculator.
You’re looking for a microwave potato bag, right?
I’m a big potato fan too.
But seriously waiting for that little round ball to cook in the oven for 45 minutes is way too long in my book.
Learn to Sew Your Own Microwave Potato Bag Cooker
It is so simple to sew up.
A great project for your fat quarters and 45 minutes to yourself.
- 2 fabrics- lining and outside each measuring 25″ X 11″
- 100% cotton batting (anything other will burn in the microwave!)
- 100% cotton thread
What Do You Need To Make Your Own Microwave Potato Bag?
Here are a few helpful supplies that you might want to look into using:
This is the right batting for the microwave:
Just in case you want to purchase a kit – ready to sew and it makes 2!
Microwave Potato Bag Cooker Tutorial:
In just 8 simple steps you’ll have your own potato microwave bag.
1) Layer your three pieces -right sides facing and batting on the bottom
2) Sew all the way around the pieces, leaving a 3″ opening for turning
3) Snip your corners to reduce bulk and turn right sides out
4) Iron the edges and push the points out
5) Sew all the way around the piece of fabric -close the opening with the stitching or by hand with the ladder stitch
Click the page # below to finish up your bag~
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.