You’re looking for a microwave potato bag, right?
I’m a big potato fan too.
But seriously waiting for that little round ball to cook in the oven for 45 minutes is way too long in my book.
Learn to Sew Your Own Microwave Potato Bag Cooker
It is so simple to sew up.
A great project for your fat quarters and 45 minutes to yourself.
- 2 fabrics- lining and outside each measuring 25″ X 11″
- 100% cotton batting (anything other will burn in the microwave!)
- 100% cotton thread
What Do You Need To Make Your Own Microwave Potato Bag?
Here are a few helpful supplies that you might want to look into using:
This is the right batting for the microwave:
Just in case you want to purchase a kit – ready to sew and it makes 2!
Microwave Potato Bag Cooker Tutorial:
In just 8 simple steps you’ll have your own potato microwave bag.
1) Layer your three pieces -right sides facing and batting on the bottom
2) Sew all the way around the pieces, leaving a 3″ opening for turning
3) Snip your corners to reduce bulk and turn right sides out
4) Iron the edges and push the points out
5) Sew all the way around the piece of fabric -close the opening with the stitching or by hand with the ladder stitch
6) Overlap the ends and pin in place– approx 2″ overlap
7) Flatten the bag, lining the overlap near the top of the bag
8) Sew the sides directly on top of the stitching from step 5
Is it Time to Stuff Your Microwave Potato Bag?
Now you can stuff you microwave potato bag with potatoes and start cooking!
Scroll down for cooking times.
Need another quick project? How about the Microwave Bowl Potholder.
Potato Bag for Microwave – How to Bake “microwave” Your First Potato
Are you ready to get cooking? Here are the minutes….
Bake your first potato! Microwaves will vary, but here is an approximate time calculator:
- 2 Large Russet Potatoes: 8 minutes
- 2 Large Red Potatoes: 8 minutes
- 3 Medium Bread Rolls: 20 seconds
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes: 10 minutes
- 2 Large Corn Cobs: 6 minutes
Your kitchen need a few new things? Here are some great projects to update it with a few fun kitchen sewing projects.