This site uses affiliate links. If you click and purchase from them, I'll earn a small commission.
A cinch bag is so perfect for little hands and egg hunting. They are great to quickly close (easy for little finger to do too!) and can be slung around the arm to be hands free.
Surprisingly they hold a lot of stuff inside too! Great for all those bulky Easter Bunny eggs and treats.
This cinch bag features a bunny face applique.
The applique comes with a few other pieces….. they would be great to add to the bag or make multiple bags with a carrot or egg instead of the bunny face
finished size: 10″ X 11″
outside fabric- 11″ X 12″
lining fabric- 11″ X 12″
bunny ears outside- 12″ X 6″
bunny ears inside- there is no template for this. I simply cut the piece a little smaller than the original piece 12″ X 6″
bunny head- 6″ X 6″
ribbon or string-30″
Easter Bunny Cinch Bag Tutorial~
1) Follow the instructions for applique with heatnbond lite– fuse to your fabric and cut out bunny head and ears templates in your fabric chosen for the bunny parts
2) Transfer your fusible fabric pieces to the front cinch bag piece
4) Draw 3 lines on each side for the whiskers
5) Zig Zag stitch along the drawn lines for the whiskers
6) Stitch the black eyes in place
7) Lay right sides together the front and back of the cinch bag
8) Stitch along all three sides— you will want to stop and start your stitching at the top and then leave a 1 1 /2″ space and then continue stitching down the sides of the bag. This space will later become the casement area for the cinch ribbon
9) Lay right sides together the front and back of the LINING for the cinch bag
10) Sew all the way around three sides, leaving a 3″ opening along the bottom for turning later
11) Turn one of these pieces right sides out and stuff inside the other piece, lining up the sides seams and pinning to secure
12) Sew along the top edge of the bag
13) Turn right sides out and stuff the lining inside the outside of the bag
14) Fiddle with the top edge and iron to make a crease along the seam at the top
15) Sew just below where the side stitching starts and sew all the way around the top
16) Sew just above where the side stitching starts and sew all the way around the top
17) Thread your ribbon tie through the bag in the casing. Tie the ribbon tie in knot to secure it