This hexagon quilt is super quick and easy. The hexagon flowers are appliqued on the 9 patch quilt block background. Great for spring!
This month the weather is finally getting a little bit warmer around here. Â Reminds me that Spring is here and Summer will be soon arriving.
For the little fat quarter quilt, being inspired by the little flowers finally starting to show themselves, I decided to go with hexagon flowers.
Finished size is 18″ X 20″ just right for a full fat quarter backing.
Hexagon templates– you can pick and choose your size
fabric for hexagons- different flower colors and green for leaves
Spring Flowers Hexagon Quilt Tutorial~
1) Â Sew your background quilt –tutorial found here. Â Super simple and quick to sew!
2) Â Print, cut and make your hexagons that you are planning on using. Â I used the same size hexagon for both flowers, but this really could be fun with big and little ones! Â Also- Â you can use the same template but in green fabric for leaves.
For the quilt in the pictures- I started with one center and then surrounded it with 6 hexagons. Â The larger flower got a second layer of hexagons in a different color. Â The small flower has 3 green hexagons together to form a leaf. Â Go with your imagination and find one that you love.
3) Â Play with the layout of the flowers and sew them together. Â Need help sewing your hexagons? Tutorial here.
4) Â Pin your flowers in place on the quilt background and sew in place
5) Â Echo quilt and bind your quilt
If you want to add a sleeve to your quilt to hang– here is a sleeve tutorial.
For more hexagon projects, templates, and how to’s– visit: