This hexagon quilt is super quick and easy. The hexagon flowers are appliqued on the 9 patch quilt block background. Great for spring!
This month the weather is finally getting a little bit warmer around here. Reminds me that Spring is here and Summer will be soon arriving.
For the little fat quarter quilt, being inspired by the little flowers finally starting to show themselves, I decided to go with hexagon flowers.
Finished size is 18″ X 20″ just right for a full fat quarter backing.
Hexagon templates– you can pick and choose your size
fabric for hexagons- different flower colors and green for leaves
Spring Flowers Hexagon Quilt Tutorial~
1) Sew your background quilt –tutorial found here. Super simple and quick to sew!
2) Print, cut and make your hexagons that you are planning on using. I used the same size hexagon for both flowers, but this really could be fun with big and little ones! Also- you can use the same template but in green fabric for leaves.
For the quilt in the pictures- I started with one center and then surrounded it with 6 hexagons. The larger flower got a second layer of hexagons in a different color. The small flower has 3 green hexagons together to form a leaf. Go with your imagination and find one that you love.
3) Play with the layout of the flowers and sew them together. Need help sewing your hexagons? Tutorial here.
4) Pin your flowers in place on the quilt background and sew in place
5) Echo quilt and bind your quilt
If you want to add a sleeve to your quilt to hang– here is a sleeve tutorial.
For more hexagon projects, templates, and how to’s– visit:
All the details you need to know about Quilting & how to get started!
Quilting doesn't have to be hard or complicated and overwhelming. It can be fun and a great way to relieve stress! Start with our 13 quilting basics for beginners and end with a fun sewing project. With a variety of projects, tutorials with the hints and tips, videos and more - you'll find something new every time you visit.
Click here to get the details!