How to Slip Stitch Crochet
Learning how to crochet begins with the slip stitch. This crochet stitch gets your project started off right. Not only is it used in the beginning of the project, but you can move the location of your yarn and hook by using this stitch in the middle.
How to Slip Stitch
1) Twist your yarn so it overlaps the other and makes a loop- the loop will be on top of the yarn that is still attached to the ball.
2) Place your crochet hook inside the look and with your fingers pinch the bottom of the loop to make sure it stays- your needle will be coming up from the back of the loop. See where the loop is still crossing on top?
3) With your crochet hook- snatch the yarn and pull so it is in the hook
4) Using the hook still, pull the yarn through the loop that is already on the hook- notice that there is now only one loop on the hook again.
5) Repeat hooking the yarn and pulling it through the loop on the hook until you have the desired length you need, or the pattern calls for.
Now that you have the crochet slip stitch down….you are ready to start a few new projects!