This hacky sack snowball tutorial is totally given credit to my Sister-in-law Amber. She passed these around at our Christmas party this year and they were a hit….with the adults.
She mentioned how she had put them together, so today, we are sharing this fantabulous project.
white fleece – you can go with the fuzzy fleece too or a fake fur
template for the hacky sack ball
Download the pdf file for this project from myÂ free resource library.
Get theÂ password for the libraryÂ including this free pattern!
Hacky Sack Snowballs
1) Cut out the hacky sack templates
2) Cut out two pieces per snowball using the templates
3) Pin the center of the rounded end to the center of the valley
4) Continue pinning around the sides. Â The centers should match up just like you did in step 3
5) Sew all the way around the piece, leaving a 2″ opening
6) Turn right sides out and stuff firmly with polyfil
7) Stitch the opening closed with a ladder stitch (quick ladder stitch tutorial just in case you need help with that)
These are so fun to make and the more you have the funner it is.
Perfect for indoor fun…when it’s too cold to go outside and play in the snow. Â They are pretty family room friendly as they are soft, but if they get in the hand with the ‘tough’ kids you might run into a couple of problems.
Really though, I’d actually rather get hit with one of these in the face then a real snowball! Â (does anyone else have a target on their upper body with a snowball?!)
Looking for other snow fun projects? Â How about a snowman pillow and quilt.