Learn how to sew a quick baby blanket using 2 pieces of fabric and 30 minutes of time.
Need a baby blanket quick? This one only takes 30 minutes. Great for baby showers and presents for new moms.
Sometimes there comes a time when you are surprised with an invite to a baby shower. That has happened a couple of times around here. I find that the best and quickest baby blanket is this blanket.
With two fabrics you can sew up this simple baby blanket in no time at all! These are great to make in a bunch at a time and keep on hand for those last minute grab and give.
2 pieces of fabric exactly the same size– one for each side of the blanket
- One fabric will be the top and the other will be the backing for the blanket making it double sided! They can be coordinating fabric, the same or some fun contrasting fabric.
Used for this tutorial– 2 flannel fabrics. Sizes: 42″ X 46″
*you could also use flannel and fleece for this baby blanket
Additional supplies you may need:
- Rotary cutter or a new sharp blade
- Cutting Mat
- Quilt Ruler
- Sewing Machine this brother is my favorite!
- Iron here here
- Seam Ripper not my favorite thing to do!
30 Minute Baby Blanket Instructions~
1) Lay your fabrics right sides together
2) Pin around the outside
3) Sew all the way around, leaving a 3″ opening for turning
4) Snip corners, turn right sides out and iron the seams
5) Using a ladder stitch, close the opening
6) Sew all the way around the outside edge about 1/4″ – 1/2″ from the edge
That’s is. Your ready to roll it up and save it for a quick gift.
Even if it’s for a little kid and not a baby, these still work great! Use a little bit longer piece of fabric to make it a bit larger.
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE THE HOW TO SEW A 30 MINUTE BABY BLANKET TUTORIAL TO YOUR FAVORITE DIY PINTEREST BOARD!
Need a burb cloth? Here’s a caterpillar baby set, along with a bib.
All the details you need to know about Quilting & how to get started!
Quilting doesn't have to be hard or complicated and overwhelming. It can be fun and a great way to relieve stress! Start with our 13 quilting basics for beginners and end with a fun sewing project. With a variety of projects, tutorials with the hints and tips, videos and more - you'll find something new every time you visit.
Click here to get the details!