Sometimes there comes a time when you are surprised with an invite to a baby shower. That has happened a couple of times around here. I find that the best and quickest baby blanket is this blanket.
With two fabrics you can sew up this baby quilt in no time at all! These are great to make in a bunch at a time and keep on hand for those last minute grab and give.
2 pieces of fabric exactly the same size– one for each side of the blanket
Used for this tutorial– 2 flannel fabrics. Sizes: 42″ X 46″
30 Minute Baby Blanket Instructions~
1) Lay your fabrics right sides together
2) Pin around the outside
3) Sew all the way around, leaving a 3″ opening for turning
4) Snip corners, turn right sides out and iron the seams
5) Using a ladder stitch, close the opening
6) Sew all the way around the outside edge about 1/4″ – 1/2″ from the edge
That’s is. Your ready to roll it up and save it for a quick gift.
Even if it’s for a little kid and not a baby, these still work great! Use a little bit longer piece of fabric to make it a bit larger.
WANT TO REMEMBER THIS? SAVE THE HOW TO SEW A 30 MINUTE BABY BLANKET TUTORIAL TO YOUR FAVORITE DIY PINTEREST BOARD!
Need a burb cloth? Here’s a caterpillar baby set, along with a bib.
You might also love…..