Half square triangles can be a lot of fun to sew with. They are quick to sew and can be rearranged into a variety of different layouts.
This table runner features 3 quilt blocks. They are kind of a chunky wheel– thus the name.
It is charm pack friendly. Divide the pack into lights and darks. The background doesn’t have to be a solid. It can be just a lighter than the dark fabric– has enough contrast to stand out. The design does blend the fabrics together if they are the same value, but when you look at it from farther away, you do see the chunky wheel.
Fabric used is from Andover Fabrics the joyful line.
12– 5 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ background
12– 5 1/2″ X 5 1/2″ colored fabric
24– 4 1/2″ X 4 1/2″ colored fabric
2– 49″ X 2″
2– 20″ X 2″
Instructions for Table Runner~
1) Draw a line from corner to corner with a pencil on the wrong side of the light fabric
2) Sew on either side of the drawn line
3) Cut on drawn line – you will have two half square triangles
4) Iron and trim if needed to 4 1/2″ X 4 1/2″
5) Lay the pieces out in the following order– repeat three times for three quilt blocks
6) Sew them into rows- sew the rows together
7) Sew the rows together for the finished quilt block- three times
8) Sew the three quilt blocks together
9) Sew your borders around the table runner center
10) Layer with batting and backing and quilt and bind
All the details you need to know about Quilting & how to get started!
Quilting doesn't have to be hard or complicated and overwhelming. It can be fun and a great way to relieve stress! Start with our 13 quilting basics for beginners and end with a fun sewing project. With a variety of projects, tutorials with the hints and tips, videos and more - you'll find something new every time you visit.
Click here to get the details!