Rolls are one of my favorite things to make….but they sure do get cool quick! The solution? A bread basket cover. This little thing can be sewn up pretty quick and because the ends are little flaps, they can cover any size of roll mound or bowl that you are using to store them.
Bread Basket Cover:
2 fat quarters
1) Cut 2 pieces of fabric- one for front, one for back 18″ X 18″
2) Fold the fabric in half two ways and iron- you will be using the creases to help with the next step
3) Place the fabric pieces together- right sides facing and pin to secure
4) Using the iron creases, center the plate and mark with a pencil the outside of the plate– the plate shown was 7 1/2″ – 8″ in size.
5) Cut on the drawn line. Make sure you pin those layers so they don’t shift.
6) Sew around all 4 sides and all the curves, leaving a 2″ opening on one straight end for turning
7) Snip the curves and corners
8) Turn right sides out and stitch 1/8″ from the edge- this will also close the opening hole
9) Place in basket or bowl, load up with rolls and fold over the flaps to cover the contents.
The roll recipe can be found here. They are super yummy!
Need some napkins?
All the details you need to know about Quilting & how to get started!
Quilting doesn't have to be hard or complicated and overwhelming. It can be fun and a great way to relieve stress! Start with our 13 quilting basics for beginners and end with a fun sewing project. With a variety of projects, tutorials with the hints and tips, videos and more - you'll find something new every time you visit.
Click here to get the details!