Let’s talk about how convenient cordless irons are, especially for quilting, and which are the best cordless iron.
What makes them so nice is that you aren’t grabbing your fabric or blocks with the power cord. The cordless options are still high quality, get super hot, come with steam settings, non stick plates and more.
They can be a little larger than the standard iron, with the charging base – but with out the tangled cords, they are so worth it.
If you are looking for a new iron, a cordless iron may be just what you need.
Let’s go over some of the details, options and possible upgrades when it comes to the best iron.
- Retractable cord: Some charging bases allow you to pull back into the base the cord. Allowing this to be a great iron for travel. The cord doesn’t take any space in your travel bags and the cord doesn’t twist itself around whatever else you have packed inside.
- Stainless steel soleplate: These are awesome. They clean easily, don’t collect the gunk and move smoothly over the fabric when pressing. A smooth soleplate is
- Steam holes: If the cordless iron you are looking at has steam settings, you’ll find steam holes on the soleplate. Is there an option to control the steam output or amount and level. What about quick burst of steam. Is that an option.
- Heat settings: You’ll want to watch for a few options here. From cotton to linen to wool. These are the most common settings for the type of fabric quilters use and should be on your iron. Temperature controls or temperature settings are important. Are the settings that it does have give enough heat across the entire soleplate or does it have hot spots.
- Water tank: Dripping water can be the worst, so check out the reviews on how the iron deals with the water for the steam. Is it a removable water tank. Does it have long-life water seal. Can you tell or see the water level. What kind of water does it take – tap water or something else. Does it lead after long periods of time sitting. What about no steam or dry iron. Is there a dry settings option. And almost the most important is it easy filling.
- Smart Iron: Does it have a safety features where it turns off or has an auto shut-off feature.
Now that we’ve looked at quite a few options the best quilting irons should have – let’s look at a few so you can find the perfect iron.
Panasonic Portable Iron
- CORDLESS, 1500W STEAM/DRY IRON End the hassle of twisted, tangled power cords for quicker, easier, more convenient ironing on a variety of fabrics
- IRON IN EVERY DIRECTION Sleek, contoured 360° Freestyle soleplate has a double-tipped design to ensure natural movement in any direction. Iron effortlessly forward, backward and even side-to-side for precision and speed
- CURVED, STAINLESS STEEL SOLEPLATE Non-stick, dual-tipped soleplate maneuvers seamlessly over fabric without tugging or wrinkling
- HEAT, STEAM AND DRY SETTINGS Apply the perfect level of heat and steam, or no steam with the touch of button; a powerful vertical steam feature quickly removes wrinkles on curtains and hanging garments
- MAXIMUM PORTABILITY A matching lightweight, heat-resistant carrying case snaps easily onto the iron and power base after use for instant portability and storage
Steamfast Cordless Iron
- CORDLESS DESIGN— Enjoy optimal maneuverability to get every wrinkle without the hassle of a tangled cord.
- EQUIPPED FOR THE JOB— 1200 watts of power removes wrinkles from almost any fabric with variable temperature control for use on a variety of fabrics.
- DRY OR STEAM IRON— Choose between dry or steam ironing with a spray mist option, or a burst of horizonal or vertical steam.
- IN THE BOX— Conveniently store the iron in its unique carrying case. The included measuring cup provides for easy refills.
- SUPERIOR SUPPORT— When you choose a Steamfast product, you’re investing in superior performance and design that will deliver total satisfaction. If not, we’ll replace it, for 2 years. Supported by a customer service team based in Andover, KS.
- Built to meet U.S. voltage requirements. Certified, safety-tested, and warrantied for use only in the U.S.
Omaiga Cordless Iron
- UPGRADE DESIGN-OMAIGA 1500W Cordless clothes steam iron provides up to 60 seconds of continuous heat and steam in cordless mode and quickly reheats in just 25 seconds when placed back on its base. The professional steam iron you can use it more easily and quickly without the limitations of twisted wires, knotted wires, or getting stuck on the ironing board. Powerful burst of steam delivers an extra blast of steam, allowing you to removing wrinkles quickly and easily.
- SELF-CLEANING & ANTI-CALC-Cordless steam iron have self-cleaning function, remove deposits to maintain performance and increase the iron’s lifespan. Only need to presse the self-clean button, you can try the burst-of-steam feature to clean vents. When the temperature of your steam iron is insufficient to create steam, the supply of water is cut off automatically to avoid any drips from the soleplate.
- RAPID AND EFFICIENT-Ceramic Soleplate of this steam iron equips advanced technology which can provide even and steam to quickly remove wrinkles of clothes, and the vertical steam function of iron cordless is not only suitable for horizontal ironing, also for ironing the hanging clothes vertically. Soleplate of our cordless iron is designed with a tapered tip for multi directional ironing, use on shirt collars or in the thin spaces between buttons with pinpoint precision.
- NOT A USED IRON-Every steam iron needs to pass a functional TEST before going to the market, to prevent product quality problems from causing trouble to customers. So it is NORMAL when you see some WATER left in its tank. If you have any questions about this iron, please feel free to contact us, a one-year warranty is guaranteed.
- WIDE APPLICATION-Steam iron is equipped with 3 temperature settings, allowing for use on a variety of fabrics including Nylon,Wool,linen, cotton, silk, wool, synthetic and so on. The advanced cordless iron provides the optimal temperature for every type of clothing, unlike other one-temperature irons.
Black and Decker Iron
- Illuminated Charging Base: Return the iron for a quick recharge between garments. The light ring makes it easy to see when the iron needs a charge and when it’s ready to use
- 1500 Watts: The iron heats up quickly with every recharge-as fast as 10 seconds
- Ceramic Nonstick Soleplate: The durable, nonstick soleplate efficiently retains heat and smooths out wrinkles on a variety of ironable fabrics
- Large Water Tank: The large capacity water tank accommodates spray mist and steaming for long ironing tasks
- POWERFUL STEAM IRON: 1500W super hot steam iron heat-up in 30s, deliver a strong and consistent steam for quick remove wrinkles and creases, Quick power base recharges the iron as quick in seconds. Indicated light indicates when the iron is ready to use and reminds you when you need to recharge & reheat.
- FREEDOM IRONING & EASY STORAGE: Wireless, retractable cord integrated in the power charging base. The lock to the charging base for easy carrying and immediately storage no need waiting for Soleplate Cool..
- CERAMIC SOLEPLATE WITH ANTI-CALC, ANTI-DRIP: Durable and scratch resistant ceramic coating soleplate builded-in with anti-drip function under different steaming situation, but do not press the burst of steam more with low power, otherwise water will leak out. And the anti-calc function is meaning a special resin filter inside the water tank softens the water and prevents calcium buildup in the soleplate. The resin filter is permanent and doesn’t need to be re-placed.
- SLEF-CLEANING: Self-cleaning removes deposits to maintain performance and increase the iron’s lifespan.
- NOT A USED IRON & 8.5 FEET CORD: Every Steam Iron of MARTISAN passed the quality test 100% to ensure the function correctly and provide consumers with 100% satisfaction, so there will be a little bit of water (water is necessary for steam/burst steam/spray function test) left in the reservoir, will not affect the performance of the product.
Rowenta Cordless Iron
- Stainless-steel soleplate – Easy gliding across different garments, smoothing hard-to-reach areas, and 1725 Watts of steam power
- 350 Plus Steam holes with 180 g/min shot of steam – excellent steam distribution and powerful wrinkle removal
- Retractable cordreel – Ultimate ease of use and storage
- 3-setting thermostat knob – Easy to use and to select the ideal steam output based on fabric
- Use tap water to iron – Easily fill the iron with easy fill hole, anti-drip lid and translucent water tank window
- Safety comes first with rowenta – Automatic 3-way shut off system to prevent accidents
There are a lot of options you can choose from. With even more features like anti-drip system, high heat, steam vents, precision tip, affordable price, watts of power, ease of use… and more. You can find more options here.
Best Irons for Quilting – here I share some of my favorites that I have used and loved. Check it out here.
Mini Oliso Iron – it’s great for travel and small piecing. Check it out here.
Ironing Board Stations – set up your space so you get the most out of your ironing board area. Check it out here.
Must haves for your ironing board area.
Using the Steady Betty mat.
Make a portable ironing board tutorial.
Cleaning your iron with Magic Eraser tutorial.
Cleaning your iron with Iron Off tutorial.
All about Wool pressing mats.
Looking for more about irons for quilting? Check out: