Crochet can be super fun. I find that I like to do it while watching t.v. or chatting with others. I find it a little bit of a mindless activity. There is a little bit of counting that goes on, but really it’s kind of simple work that can be done wherever, whenever.
The Double Crochet is a great stitch. It’s taller than the single crochet.
How to Double Crochet
1) make yourself the starting chain
2) Wrap the yarn around the hook– this happens BEFORE you go through the loops
3) Slip your hook through the loops and out the other side.
4) Snatch the yarn around the hook end
5) pull it through TWO loops on the hook
6) Snatch the yarn again with the hook and pull it through the last two loops on the hook
7) Repeat until you have the desired length
This chunky yarn and big fat crochet hook was used for making a crochet cowl.
For more fun crochet projects– head on over here: Free Crochet Projects