Spring is the time of flowers! All kinds of different ones…..but just in case the weather isn’t cooperating with you, these flowers on a stick are something super quick you can sew up today and give yourself some little Spring hope!
There are two shapes– a simple 6 petal flower and a tulip.
These would be perfect to stick in a little flower pot on Mother’s Day….. just in case you are looking for an idea or addition to what you have (it comes up so quick every year!)
There is a little bit of hand stitching. You can do a bit to embellish the flower — you could even add some beads if you’d like.
6″ X 6″ fabric per flower
needle and thread
one stick or bamboo skewer per flower
Fabric Flower Tutorial~
1) Print off the flower template
2) Trace your template on the interfacing
3) Layer your pieced– cotton fabric, right sides together….then one piece of interfacing on top, one on the bottom
4) Sew on the drawn line- leaving a spot open on the bottom for turning and stuffing
5) Trim around the flower
6) Stuff the flower with polyfil
7) Place on the stick & Sew with needle and thread and use a running stitch and gather the fabric around the stick — you can secure with hot glue gun if you’d like
8) With your needle and thread you can stitch a few stitches for adding a little embellishments to the flowers.
More helpful articles:
- How to sew a face mask with video tutorial
- 10+ Face mask tutorials and videos
- Sew Can She – elastic and ties for face masks
- What materials are best for masks
- Sew Can She – fabric recommendations for face masks
- Jennifer Maker – materials for face masks
- Putting buttons on headbands for face mask
All the details you need to know about Quilting & how to get started!
Quilting doesn't have to be hard or complicated and overwhelming. It can be fun and a great way to relieve stress! Start with our 13 quilting basics for beginners and end with a fun sewing project. With a variety of projects, tutorials with the hints and tips, videos and more - you'll find something new every time you visit.
Click here to get the details!