QUILT ALONG WITH THIS DISAPPEARING QUILT BLOCK ROW ALONG! YOU’LL EXPLORE NEW FUN TECHNIQUES AND BY THE END YOU’LL HAVE A COMPLETE QUILT!
Today is the day we are putting our disappearing quilt blocks into rows and then completing the quilt top together!
You’ll be sewing your row together to complete your quilt along!
All the rows should end up to be the same size- except for 2 rows. You’ll be adding spacers to the ends to make them work.
If you are finding your rows to be off, feel free to add additional spacers where needed.
* Pin the rows together prior to stitching as there could be some shifting which will make them not line up properly.
STEP 1: GET THE DISAPPEARING QUILT FINISHING INSTRUCTIONS:
Download the materials list and tracker sheet here.
The pattern will be available in the shop for FREE for the first month the latest part is released. All previous blocks will be available in the shop for purchase.
You can either print the PDF or you can simply view it on your laptop while you sew, saving a few printing pages.
The basic idea with this hole in the barn quilt block — is to sew it up and then cut it up.
The pdf will walk you through how we are cutting the hole in the barn quilt block up.
After you cut it apart…you’ll be sewing it back together again!
This time you’ll be moving a few pieces and shifting others prior to sewing it together again. This will give you a whole new block and the hole in the barn will reappear somewhere else!
Depending on your fabric placement, your new block will be totally different. Sometimes you’ll find a repeat again without even planning it.
Disappearing Quilt Blocks Row Along
64″ X 80″
ABOUT THE QUILT:
8 rows in the quilt
8 different disappearing quilt blocks – including 9 patch, half square triangles, hourglass, four patch, pinwheel
MATERIALS FOR THE DISAPPEARING QUILT BLOCKS – ROW ALONG
- Rotary cutter or a new sharp blade
- Cutting Mat
- Quilt Ruler
- Sewing Machine – this brother is my favorite!
- Iron – here or here
- Seam Ripper – not my favorite thing to do!
MONTHLY ASSIGNMENT: Download the setting instructions here.
- follow the pattern in the shop
- visit monthly for the next set of instructions
- share it in the facebook group
- next block / row is announced the 4th Monday of each month
- sign up for the resource library & row along reminders
- follow on Instagram – @patchwork_posse –> we’ll be using #disappearingrowalong
- join the Quilting 101 group
- like my Facebook page
I’ll be announcing each month in each of those places!
For all posts in this series, visit the quilt along here.
We’ll see you the fourth Monday of each month!