Log Cabin Quilt block- Cranky Quilt
Instructions: You will be making a total of 8 blocks.
* Cut a center for each block. This center can be a rectangle, a square, or even a cranky shape. You choose. Your centers could each be different too- that would be cranky! (I did mine a cranky shape)
* Cut strips from your fabrics. For extra crankiness cut the strips in different widths. Use 2 inches, 3 inches and half sizes too. You want different sizes to offset that center block.
* Sew these strips randomly onto one side of the center.
* Continue to sew each strip to the next side. Keep adding strips to all sides until the block is over 8 inches square.
* Trim each block to 8 inches X 8 inches. You can turn the ruler if you would like and make them a little crooked. Push the ruler to one side so the other is just a skinny thing. Just make sure that the center block is Not in the center. You want these cranky, not perfectly placed.
* Sew each block to one another. Making one row of the quilt.
–have you never made a log cabin before? Tutorial here. Scroll down to the middle where they show you how to piece it.–
Here are some pictures from finished rows from quilt group last night.
Are you ready to see the whole thing?
For all the rows and instructions visit the Cranky Quilt.
Did you miss one of the blocks?
Ohio Star Block
Friendship start Block
Rail Fence Block
9 Patch Block
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.