Are you looking around the world of quilting and thinking….that looks interesting, but I seriously don’t want to do a huge quilt with it?
The technique looks interesting, fun and something that I might want to try, but the idea of putting something like a quilt together is way beyond my idea of fun.
Here’s the solution. Mug Rugs.
Yup. They are small, but just big enough for you to pick up a few new techniques. Dip your toe.
So- here’s the thing.
Instead of tossing you an ebook and letting you go about things on your own….I thought it would be kind of nice to have us all work on it together…help each other out and go through the same steps as everyone else at the same time.
What are you thinking? Are you in?
This is how it will work- sign up below for the eCourse:
Free Quilt Techniques eCourse
Then, join the group.
Why two things? Well. the eCourse is just that. It’s online. And it’s only in your email. Because of that, there needs to be a community.
That’s the fb group. That’s there for support…and of course to share our progress!
Are you ready?! Let’s get going!!!
Sign up right here:
THE IMPORTANT DETAILS :
This eCourse will be held in your email. Immediately after signing up, you’ll receive an email with information to the course.
The first 3 emails detailing the supplies and information will be sent to you each day, until the first project is sent. After that, the eCourse will be sent via email every 2 weeks.
This should give you ample time to complete the project prior to moving on. You’ll also be able to share others who are sewing along as well in our quilting community group. Feel free to join this after you have signed up.
LESSONS WILL COVER :
- my quilting story
- quilting basics + supplies
- step-by-step tutorials for the five projects listed below and shown in the photos
TECHNIQUE | PROJECTS :
- Applique | Swirling Snowflakes Mug Rug
- Curved Piecing | Peppermint Twist Mug Rug
- Quilt as you Go | Scrappy Mug Rug (also features an applique option)
- Paper Piecing | Mushroom Pair Mug Rug
- extra- quilt as you go | Ghost Mug Rug
- you must be comfortable working a sewing machine. This includes threading your machine, changing thread and bobbin, stitching, backstitching and troubleshooting.
- you will be responsible for purchasing your own fabric and tools for the projects taught in the course.
- for a full list of recommended tools we will be using in this eCourse click here.
- for additional help and support, we suggest you join the free quilting resources community.
When all the projects have been sent to you for the ecourse your learning will not end!
You will enjoy a new ecourse (also free, no need to sign up again)….all about sewing a baby quilt. You’ll be taken step by step from start to finish. It’s a great way to dip your toe into quilting– a little larger project than the mug rugs, but not too big to handle on your own.
This post contains some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you a penny more)! Read my full disclosure policy.