Today is block #5 for the BOM!!
- download the file
- sew your 3 small blocks
- sew small blocks into large setting block
- share it in the facebook group
This months download includes: instructions for the 3 small blocks and the setting instructions for the large block
To help keep you up on the sewing per month, deciding your fabric placement and tracking what you’ve sewn, I’ve put together a collection of pages for you to use during the quilt along.
There was a mistake in the 1st download (it has been updated to the following and is correct now). If you have the incorrect pattern, please make note of the following adjustments:
1) Draw a line diagonally on the wrong side of the background
2) Lay right sides together 3” square – background and color
3) Sew on either side of the drawn line
4) Cut on the drawn line
5) Iron and square up to 2 1/2” X 2 1/2”
Repeat with the 2 1/2” square– square up to 1 1/2” X 1 1/2”
ABOUT THE QUILT:
It features 9 quilt blocks….but within each block there are 3 blocks. So they will take just a little bit longer to sew- so we will be sewing them together on a monthly schedule.
It’s at a pace that you should be able to keep up on. There are 3 smaller blocks inside each block, but they are the same– so you’ll be repeat sewing or you can sew them in a chain sort of way to save on time.
The blocks are all set the same as well, so again, while the blocks are bigger- they are manageable to sew on a monthly basis.
- sign up for the BOM reminder emails
- follow on Instagram – @patchwork_posse –> we’ll be using #threescompanybom
- join the Quilting 101 group
- like the Facebook page
I’ll be announcing each month in each of those places!
LOOKING FOR THE OTHER QUILT BLOCKS & FAQ’s?
- Please visit the main page here for all the monthly assignments, quilt blocks, downloads and more for this BOM
For all posts in this series, visit the quilt along here.