I’m super excited to announce that the IAQ is a sponsor for the Glitchalong with GeekyBobbin.
Nothing is better than a good quilt along, and this one is sure to be one! And, you could possibly win a 1 year membership to the IAQ!!!
It’s definitely along the modern style, mixing it up with some straight lines and angles. As you can see- it’s also a great quilt for showcasing your machine quilting. Even though the quilt showcases solid fabrics, you’ll find a few that have been sewn with patterned fabric as well. So really, anything goes.
You’ll want to make sure you have good contrast with the fabrics you choose so those angles and lines don’t get lost.
Glitch Quilt Along
Dates: August 19 through October 27
Duration: 10 weeks
Quilt Size: 64 x 64 Throw
We’re going to take our time with this one. You’ll learn how to foundation piece strip sets accurately and efficiently, make the 4 types of blocks, and get those offset seams to line up. I have lots of tips and tricks to share with you along the way!
If you choose to sew along, you’ll notice that one of the prizes is 1 years membership to the IAQ!!! So excited to be part of this and share our online quilt group with others. Plus, there are some other incredible prizes as well.
Week 1: Pick your fabric, get your pattern, print your foundations, plan your coloring sheet
Week 2: Cut
Week 3: Make Thick Strip Sets
Week 4: Make Block 1s
Week 5: Make Thin Strip Sets
Week 6: Make Block 2s
Week 7: Make Blocks 3s & 4s
Week 8: Sew blocks into pairs
Week 9: Sew pairs into quadrants
Week 10: Finish quilt top
How to Quilt Along
Share your progress on Instagram using #glitchalong.
That’s where you’ll find the weekly photo prompts, livestreams, and more!
Sign up here to be eligible for prizes, and get the weekly emails with tips for the coming week’s fun.
What You’ll Need
The Glitch Pattern: PDF or PAPER
Paper to print or copy foundation templates
Quilt-alongs are a great way to connect with other quilters and make new friends, but sometimes it’s nice to have a little extra incentive to keep you on track!
Check out our amazing sponsors!
- Grand Prize: $100 gift card from Purple KATZ Quilting
- Giucy Giuce Fat quarter bundle of Spectrastatic fabric
- Mister Domestic Bundle of 16 half-yard cuts of the latest Art Gallery Fabrics collections
- Gudrun Erla of GE Designs $25 gift card for Stripology rulers, patterns, and more!
- The Cloth Parcel PDF Pattern of your choice
- Krista Moser Pattern of your choice
- Troll Brothers Quilt Designs $25 gift card
- Sew Fine Thread Gloss Your choice 3 Sew Fine Thread Gloss scents!
- Patchwork Posse 1 year membership to the IAQ $120 value
- PreQuilt 6 months Basic PreQuilt subscription for free!
- On Williams Street Any 3 PDF patterns of your choice
- Quilting by Christine $50 gift certificate towards longarm quilting services
- Silly Moon Quilting Co $25 gift certificate off the purchase of any ruler
- Stache Fabrics 10 AGF Fat Quarters, Aurifil thread and Sew Fine Thread Gloss
- Quilt Fox Design 3 winners! PDF Pattern of your choice