If you are headed anywhere this summer or any time of year, a great little travel pillow is a must have. The shape is perfect for biggerish kids who can position it just right. It’s not super huge so it won’t hog up the whole backseat of the car and cause a ‘you’re touching me war’.
The shape is a simple kidney bean shape… if you need it a little larger (for yourself) you could enlarge the template when printing.
fat quarter- one for front
fat quarter- one for back
You could use minky fabric or flannel for a super compfy and cozy travel pillow.
pillow template- print here!
Travel Pillow Tutorial:
1) Cut out the travel pillow template
2) Fold your fabric and pin you template in place- notice that the fold edge lines up with the fabric fold
3) Cut out two pieces- front and back
4) Lay right sides together the front and back
5) Pin around the shape to secure
6) Sew around the travel pillow- leaving a 3″ opening for turning
7) Turn right sides out through the hole
8) Stuff with polyfil- you can go soft or firm here, whatever their preference is
9) Stitch the opening closed with a ladder stitch
This is part of the Sewing Projects for Kids series. Watch for more sewing tutorials just for kids to sew!