This is part of the How to make a Quilt Series. Today we will be working on how to bind a quilt. There are a few ways that you can bind your quilt- today I am keeping it simple with the roll over binding. That is where the backside comes to the front.
How to Bind a Quilt:
1) Trim off the excess batting. You will want to fold back the backing fabric so you don’t catch it when you are trimming!
2) Measure from the quilt border out- 1″ and trim
3) Fold over the backing fabric to line up with the border
4) Fold this over one more time -this time is overlaps the border area
5) Stitch in place. I kept the walking foot on and it helped alot! The binding didn’t have any pucker spots at all!
If you are interested in doing a traditional strip binding here are some great tutorials to help you out-