I forgot to let everyone know about the Glorious Autumn Blocks at the quilting gallery—-
Taken from Quilting Gallery blog~
It’s time for some quilting fun this Fall. Over 15 weeks, 45 designers will create 12″ blocks for theGlorious Autumn Block Party. These blocks will be featured, three per week, on the Quilting Gallery site starting September 4th. In addition to the blocks, there will be Super Deals for Quilters from our favourite online retailers. Be sure to check each designer’s post, as many will be offering give-aways on their own site that everyone can participate in.
Now I understand that 45 blocks would make one huge quilt, so here are some ideas for using the blocks:
- use one block as the centre for a medallion quilt.
- discover a block or two you love and repeat the design several times to make a lap quilt.
- use several single blocks to make a set of place mats.
- use three or four blocks to make a long table runner.
- choose six favourites to make a wall hanging.
I love this idea! 45 blocks is a ton! something that gives you plenty of choices…ideas, inspiration. It is just getting started with 4 blocks posted so far. Plus, there are goodies to win! Of course i love that too–
So, hop on over and check them out– don't forget to bookmark it because i will be sharing a block + a small project on October 2nd.