4 2 ½ X 2 ½ ” squares -background
2 3 ½ X 5 ½ ” rectangle- background
2 3 ½ X 5 ½ ” rectangle- color fabric
1 4 ½ X 4 ½ ” square- color fabric
You will be making 8 blocks total.
Their size will be around 8 ½ X 8 ½ square before sewing them into a strip.
*These instructions are per block. Repeat them until you have completed the 8 blocks necessary for your project.
1) Grab 1 background 3 ½ X 5 ½ ” rectangle- background and 3 ½ X 5 ½ ” rectangle- color fabric
2) Lay All Pieces
–RIGHT SIDES UP–
1 backgrounds, and 1 pattered on top of each other.
Make sure the sides are all lined up nicely. This is the only way you can get the star to be spinning in one direction…..otherwise they will be super cranky spinners.
3) Lay your ruler on top of the pile from corner to corner.
4) Take one background and one colored piece and put them right sides together along the cut edge. Make sure that a tip is peeking out from the edge. Sew along this edge. Repeat with other piece.
5) Trim these pieces to 2 ½ X 4 ½ “. Remember these are cranky. The points might be cut off. It’s ok. 🙂 don’t get all cranky.
6) Take the pieces and lay out the block.
7) Sew the top, middle, and bottom pieces together.
8) Sew the block 3 pieces together. See isn’t that easy? Not too Cranky was it?
9) Repeat this process until you have 8 completed blocks.
10) Sew them in a row.
See the green one? It is SUPER CRANKY!! It is turning the wrong direction!!! Want to do that on your own? Cut the diagonal the OTHER way!!—i think that works???
Check out last months blocks from the quilt group:
Is there anyone out there playing along? If you are Load those pictures up to FLickr or send them to me email —bekntab4(at)yahoo(dot)com and i will send them the group for you!! You will be put into the drawing!! Due Date: Monday the 22nd June.
The Winner will recieve a nice little pack of Quilt Connection by Kansas Troubles. Good stuff sized just right at 4 inch by 4 inch by 1 inch stacked. not counting the number again. Catch up and win!! All the previous blocks are on the right side with links…follow them.
See what Amy did with the winnings of last month—-Cute stuff!!
**p.s.–i think someone sent me an email with a pic and i deleted it! yikes. waaaaa. i’m sorry about that. i don’t even play nice when i do play do i? my bad. send it over again and i’ll take a peek….was it for the PLAY ALONG side table
? Let me know** If there are any others sending me a pic put ‘side table’ on the subject….so i know it’s not something naughty** thanks**